Learning Perspectives has a number of exciting positions available. Requirements and job descriptions vary depending on the type of service provided. For more information click on the link below.
Community Resource Specialist (CRS) Positions
- Community Support Workers
- Employment Specialist
After reading the application cover letter, you may complete the application, print it out and mail it to the office nearest you. (For a list of our office addresses click here or visit the Contacts page.)
The following is a list of “Conditions of Employment”. You must satisfy these conditions before we can offer you a position.
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED or a copy of a BA or advanced degree (unless you will be providing personal care or respite services only).
- Copy of current CPR/FA certification. If you do not have current certification, notify the interviewer and they will provide you with information in attaining CPR/FA.
- Completed application with 2 professional references listed for contact. Personal references may also be checked after professional references are obtained.
- Copy of current auto liability insurance meeting the established state minimums.
- Copy of a clean TB skin test performed in the last 12 months. Up to date TB skin tests can be obtained from the county health department for a minimal fee.
- Copy of Driver’s License and Social Security Card to verify citizenship.
If hired, LPI will perform and state and federal criminal background check. You continued employment is contingent upon the results of that background check.
Upon hire, you will be expected to maintain the following:
- You must maintain your own means of transportation that you can use during your job.
- Maintaining your vehicle in a safe operating condition (e.g. tires, exhaust system, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, etc.)
- Maintaining liability insurance coverage on your vehicle
- Assuring that your vehicle is legally licensed and registered
- Assuring that all taxes and liens on your vehicle are paid in a timely manner
- Maintaining an acceptable driving record with no more than 8 points being assessed to your license during employment and no instances of DWI.
- Maintaining a Safe Working environment thus agreeing to abide by the following policies Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy, Violence in the Workplace Policy, and Prohibition of Harassment Policy.
- Maintaining current CPR and First Aid Certification, and annual TB screening.
- You must be able to meet and maintain the minimum physical and mental requirements as defined in your job description.
- You must read, understand, and agree to abide by the conditions and terms found in the Learning Perspectives, Inc. Employee Manual.
- Successfully complete Competency Training and any on-going Training.
- All Time Sheets and Documentation are to be submitted completely, timely, accurately, and legible based on designated standards.
Learning Perspectives, Inc.
Click here for Application [ pdf ]
Title: Community Support Specialist
Reports to: Qualified Professional/ Operations Director/ Operations Coordinator/ Clinical Director
FLSA Status: Exempt for Qualified Professional
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt for Associate Professional/ Paraprofessional
Salary for Qualified Professional: $25,000 to $40,000 annually
Salary for Associate Professional/Paraprofessional: $8.00 to 16.00 per hour depending upon service
Position Purpose for Qualified Professional:
Coordination and Oversight of Initial and Ongoing Assessment Activities. Initial Development and Ongoing Revision of Person Centered Plan. Monitoring and Implementation of Person Centered Plan. Additional case management functions of linking, arranging for services and referrals. Supervision of Associate Professionals and Paraprofessionals. Coordination of regular team meetings to ensure communication and quality of services.
Position Purpose for Associate Professional/ Paraprofessional:
Works one to one with a person who needs community support, per the Person Centered Plan. Develops a dependable and therapeutic relationship with the service recipient. Assists with leadership initiatives. Completion of various skill building activities including daily and community living skills, socialization skills, adaptation skills, development of leisure time interests/ and activities, symptom management skills, wellness education, education on substance abuse, and work readiness.
- Provides assistance, training, and support to service recipient for purpose of increasing service recipient’s skills and decreasing his/her maladaptive behaviors.
- Arrive at work on time and work as scheduled.
- Ensure that service recipient’s rights and safety are protected within his/her environment per federal and state guidelines. Report to supervisor immediately any out of compliance concerns.
- Present self in professional manner; interact appropriately with service recipient, family or guardian, other service providers. Dress and groom appropriately for the scheduled activity.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement daily and weekly activity schedule with activities that match and correlate to service recipient’s treatment plan.
- Document progress on specific goal activities from the treatment plan in a way that is legible, accurate, complete, and timely.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of time sheet and documentation submitted to the Supervisor on a bi-monthly basis for the purpose of generating payroll and billing Medicaid.
- Use knowledge of community resources to plan and implement service recipient’s access to various community supports such as medical facilities, volunteer organizations, libraries, museums, financial institutions, educational services, leisure activities, etc.
- Ensure service recipient develops and utilizes “natural supports” in the community as needed.
- Support opportunity of employment for service recipient so that he/she will work as many hours at a job of his/her choosing, at a wage no lower than minimum wage.
- Attend on going training to develop personal competencies in human service industry.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Ensure that any documentation returned by supervisor, due to deficiencies is corrected within established guidelines.
- Ensure resource book is accessible during any supervision and is maintained in a secure manner.
- Report any incident out of the ordinary to supervisor and document event in an incident report.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation upon site observation. Communicate immediately with providing all pertinent information.
- Serves as a first responder for crisis situations on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Qualified Professional is responsible for developing and continually revising the person centered plan.
- Qualified Professional is responsible for supervision of Associate Professionals and Paraprofessionals.
- Completion of Mandatory 20 hours of training within state specified time frames.
- Empowering consumers to continue and follow through with services.
- Maintain Employee Files and Consumer Records to Medicaid Standards.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Recommended Education/ Experience
Must meet QP/AP/ Paraprofessional requirements in line with North Carolina Privileging Standards (10A NCAC 27G.0104 in order to qualify for Community Support Services. Also must have the knowledge, skills, and the ability required by the population and age to be served.
Must have acceptable driving and criminal records, be free of illegal drug use, hold current certification in CPR and First Aid, have negative TB screening and complete competency based training related to duties and/or services to be performed.
Requires excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills. Should possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail while managing multiple tasks. Moderate opportunity for error, since independent judgment is used in providing information and preparing correspondence and reports. Undetected errors could result in inconveniences for the department and/or submission of incorrect information to Human Resources, Business Department, and Area Program.
Organizational Knowledge Required
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or other management as required.
It is mutually agreed that the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.
Click here for Application [ pdf ]